Completely integrated Manual Belt System
Q-5000 systems are engineered as complete kits. Every component is
designed, engineered and tested to work with all of the other
components to prevent passenger injury.
The system can accommodate virtually all wheelchair designs including scooter chairs.
Heavy gauge steel construction. Relentless crash sled testing. Meeting and
exceeding every industry requirement.
All part of what makes EZ Lock a true leader in long-lasting durability. And security.
Once our base lock is mounted to the vehicle floor, it acts as receiver for the docking pin attached to the wheelchair, making your entry fully automatic, and minimizing the need for precise maneuvering.
The BL-6290 Base Lock:
- Casing is sturdy 3/16" powder coated steel
- Locking Jaws are 1/4" steel coated with a permanently bonded lubricant
- Entry into lock is mechanical, and release is attained by an electrical pull solenoid
- Emergency mechanical release is also incorporated (in case the vehicle loses (battery power)
- The base lock is mounted to the vehicle floor and acts as a receiver for the interfacing pin
mounted to the wheelchair
The Wheelchair Bracket:
- The interface bracket is mounted to the wheelchair allowing it to lock into the BL-6290 docking base
- The EZ Lock system can accommodate a wide array of wheelchair styles, including both manual and power wheelchairs
- Although we provide an interface for most of the wheelchairs currently on today's market, it is advisable to check with EZ LOCK, or your local adaptive equipment dealer, to ensure we have a system appropriate for your particular wheelchair
- When consulting your dealer about availability it's helpful to have a) name of the manufacturer, b) wheelchair model, c) model number, and d) note of any accessories that might interfere with the bracket installation (i.e. reclining or elevating seat, vent tray etc)
The ECU-3 Control Panel :
- Functions include release, alarm buzzer deactivation for unoccupied use, and an array of warning indicators
- Green light signifies locking jaws are
completely closed and system is safe to use
- Yellow light means locking jaws are not
completely closed, and the user should exit,
then re-enter base lock
- Red light indicates system has been de-activated,
and is for unoccupied use only
>The picture to the left illustrates the wheelchair bracket applied to a standard manual wheelchair. The application pictured also includesthe front stabilizer, required for all drivers. The stabilizer is designed to minimize any tipping or side-to-side motion. The EZ Lock system is used for both manual and electric wheelchairs.